Chrome – the Stable channel updated to 89.0.4389.114 for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Chrome addressed with 8 security vulnerabilities. Importantly the update includes HIGH severity vulnerabilities.
However, Below are the list of vulnerability fixes contributed by external researchers:
- CVE-2021-21194: Use after free in screen capture.
- CVE-2021-21195: Use after free in V8.
- CVE-2021-21196: Heap buffer overflow in TabStrip.
- CVE-2021-21197: Heap buffer overflow in TabStrip.
- CVE-2021-21198: Out of bounds read in IPC.
- CVE-2021-21199: Use Use after free in Aura.
Google Versions Prior To Chrome 89.0.4389.114
It is recommended to update Google Chrome to version 89.0.4389.114
|Vulnerability Rating||CVSS v3.0|
|Vulnerability Rating||CVSS v2.0|
Google Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
In addition, Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities can result in arbitrary code execution, denial of service, and information disclosure.